Packaged Gluten-Free Loaves of Bread is the best thing that’s happened since sliced bread. There’s been so much innovation in the development of packaged gluten-free loaves of bread.
There were only a few gluten-free loaves of bread available at stores nearly a decade ago. And even then not every store might have carried gluten-free pieces of bread. The good news is that nowadays you can find a variety of fresh and frozen gluten-free loaves of bread at most stores.
Your preference for gluten-free loaves of bread will be based on its availability, convenience, ingredients, nutrition facts, price, taste, and texture.
This blog post will highlight 12 brands of gluten-free brands that provide gluten-free loaves of bread in the United States. This is not an affiliated or sponsored blog post. Remember that for the most up-to-date ingredients and nutritional facts of each product it is imperative that you read the product packaging.
- ALDI has become a popular grocery store in the United States because of its cheaper prices. There are multiple reasons as to how ALDI can provide competitive prices to consumers. But one of the major reasons is because 90% of its products are a private label (1). Did you know that ALDI has its own life of gluten-free products under the LiveGFree brand? Their LiveGFree brand, certified gluten-free by GFCO, provides numerous pantry and frozen products. And they carry two types of fresh gluten-free loaves of bread: white and whole grain.
- BFree, originally founded in Dublin, Ireland has recently entered the gluten-free market in the United States. And they carry a variety of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) and vegan products that are additionally free from dairy, eggs, nuts, and soy. Some of their products may contain gluten-free oats and sesame. You’ll find that they carry two types of frozen gluten-free loaves of bread: soft white loaf and brown seeded sandwich loaf.
- Canyon Bakehouse carries a variety of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) products ranging from loaves of bread, breakfast, buns, and desserts. Their 10 fresh loaves of bread are additionally dairy, nut, and soy-free. Their loaves of bread may contain eggs and/or gluten-free oats.
- Food for Life provides a variety of baked products to meet different dietary needs. And they provide gluten-free baked products that are dairy and egg-free. They are one of the only gluten-free brands that have yeast and gluten-free bread products.
- Ener-G has been around since 1962 to provide alternatives for specialty diets. And they were one of the early innovators of gluten-free products. Today they provide gluten-free (certified by GFCO) baked products. They have a variety of gluten-free loaves of bread that is broken down to two categories: vegan and those made with eggs.
- Varieties of Ener-G Gluten-Free & Vegan Breads include the following: Brown Rice, Tapioca-Loaf Thin Slides, Tapioca Loaf, White Loaf, Brown Rice Loaf, Yeast-Free Brown Rice Loaf, Texas Toast, Classic White, Multigrain, Light Multigrain, Corn Loaf, White Rice Loaf, White Rice Flax Loaf, High Fiber Loaf, Papas Loaf, and, Rice Starch Loaf
- Varieties of Ener-G Gluten-Free & Made with Egg Breads include the following: Sourdough White Bread, Deli Style White Bread, Northwestern Banana Bread, Pacific Molasses Bread, and Cinnamon Raisin Deli-Style
- Glutino provides a variety of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) products. They have three frozen varieties of gluten-free loaves of bread, all of which contain eggs.
- Varieties of Glutino loaves of bread include: White Sandwich, Multigrain Sandwich, and Seeded Bread
- Katz provides a variety of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) products that further aim to provide gluten-free and allergy-free options including dairy free, corn free, rice free, sugar free, vegan, and soy free. They have 8 varieties of gluten-free loaves of bread
- Varieties of Katz loaves of bread include: Sliced Challah, White Bread, Whole Grain Bread, Egg Free Bread, Everything Bread, Oat Bread, Wholesome Bread, and Grab ‘N’ Go White Bread
- Rudis Gluten-Free Bakery provides a variety of gluten-free loaves of bread and wraps. They have three varieties of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) loaves of bread: Original, Cinnamon Raisin, and Multigrain
- Sam’s Choice is Walmart’s private-brand of two varieties of their gluten-free (certified by GFCO) bread: Classic and Multigrain. Their loaves of bread do contain eggs.
- Schar is one of the oldest gluten-free brands on the global market. They originated in Italy, expanding globally since then, and began to market their products in the U.S in 2007. And you can find them in over 80 countries (2). They have a variety of gluten-free products that are certified by GFCO and some low-fodmap products certified by Monash University. All of their bread varieties are dairy/egg-free but contain soy.
- Trader Joe’s has its own line of year-long and seasonal gluten-free products. Two varieties of their gluten-free pieces of bread are their classical White Sandwich Bread and Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
- Udi’s Gluten-Free provides a variety of gluten-free (certified by GFCO) products ranging from baked products, desserts, frozen meals, and pizza.
What’s your favorite Gluten-Free Bread?
Let me know in the comments below.
- Taste of Home Editors. “10 Reasons Why Aldi’s Groceries Are so Cheap.” Business Insider, Business Insider, 21 Mar. 2018, https://www.businessinsider.com/reasons-why-aldis-groceries-are-so-cheap-2018-3.
- “A History of Schär: Vida Sin Gluten.” Schär, https://www.schaer.com/en-us/a/history-schaer.