You can simplify your gluten free lifestyle.
I’m Feriha Bilgen, a Registered Dietitian that specializes in helping individuals with Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) manage their gluten-free lifestyle.
I became passionate about helping people with Celiac Disease and NCGS after watching my mother struggle with gastrointestinal and extra-intestinal symptoms for years. Eventually in November of 2008 with Thanksgiving around the corner she was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. There was a moment of relief in being diagnosed with Celiac Disease because there was a dietary treatment–avoiding gluten permanently.
Unfortunately, being merely told to lead a gluten free lifestyle, is not an easy transition. My mom’s physician merely told her to avoid gluten. There was no education provided. There was no referral to a experienced dietitian in Celiac Disease.
Without the help of a knowledgeable Registered Dietitian, my mom initially struggled with gaining confidence in reading food labels, avoiding cross-contact, and advocating for herself. Through trial and error, my mom managed to transition to a 100% gluten free lifestyle. Yet, she lost valuable time, energy, and health due to not having access to an experienced Registered Dietitian in Celiac Disease.
The faster you can transition to an 100% gluten free lifestyle, the faster you’ll small intestine (where the damage occurs in patients with Celiac Disease) heals leading to the resolution of your symptoms.
I know how difficult it is to transition to a 100% gluten free lifestyle. And that’s why I am here to help you simplify your transition.You’ll save time, energy, and health by working with me.
- Dietetic Internship at University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Expected February 2020
- Master of Public Health in Nutritional Sciences at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, May 2019
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Nutritional Sciences at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, May 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, May 2015
Registration, Licensing, and Certification:
- Certificate of Training in Treating Gluten Related Disorders by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Issued November 2020
- ServSafe Manager by ServSafe, #17494768, Expires February 2024
- Registered Dietitian by Commission of Dietetic Registration, #86046736, Expires August 2021
- BLS Healthcare Provider by American Heart Association, Expires by July 2021
- Licensed Dietitian by Florida Department of Health, #ND 9683, Expires May 2021
Fun Facts About Me
- I was born in the Northern Republic of Cyprus, an island located in the Mediterranean Sea.
- I’ve moved to South Florida, U.S. when I was 9 years old.
- I speak English, Turkish, and (un poco) Spanish.
- You can find me reading a book at a local coffee shop.
- Chocolate versus Vanilla? Always chocolate.