You can simplify your gluten free lifestyle.
I know you can, because that’s exactly what my mom did. In November of 2008, with Thanksgiving around the corner, my mom slowly transitioned to a gluten free lifestyle. Why? She was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.
After battling years with gastrointestinal and extra-intestinal symptoms, it was fortunate to know the root cause–gluten.
Unfortunately, being merely told to lead a gluten free lifestyle, is not an easy transition. Without the help of a Registered Dietitian, she initially struggled with gaining confidence in reading food labels, avoiding cross-contact, and advocating for herself.
Through trial and error, my mom managed to transition to a 100% gluten free lifestyle. Yet, by attempting to transition alone, she lost valuable time, energy, and health.
The faster you can transition to a 100% gluten free lifestyle, the faster you’ll symptoms improve and small intestine (where the damage occurs in patients with Celiac Disease) heals.
I know how difficult it is to transition to a 100% gluten free lifestyle. That’s why I am here to help you simplify your transition.
Your concerns are real,
You are not imagining it.
If you are reading this, you are probably thinking to yourself “how will I manage leading a gluten free lifestyle in a gluten filled world?“.
I hear you.
Being told that you need to transform your gluten filled world to be 100% gluten free is shocking.
You weren’t expecting this diagnosis.
You are not even sure what is “gluten”.
You can lead a fully satisfying and healthy 100% gluten free lifestyle.
I know that you are confused about your diagnosis.I know that you are still trying to wrap your head around not being able to eat pizza with a glass of beer. I know that you’re even more confused about reading every single gluten free blog out there.
Celiac Simplified is here for your 100% Gluten Free Lifestyle.
I founded Celiac Simplified in March of 2018 with the aim to empower individuals with Celiac Disease or Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity to confidently advocate for their gluten free lifestyle.
With my educational background and personal experiences, I am able to blend evidence-based nutrition with what works everyday.
Celiac Simplified is a hub of gluten free resources created with you in mind.
- Dietetic Internship at University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Expected February 2020
- Master of Public Health in Nutritional Sciences at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, May 2019
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Nutritional Sciences at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, May 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, May 2015
Fun Facts About Me
- I was born in the Northern Republic of Cyprus, an island located in the Mediterranean Sea.
- I’ve moved to South Florida, U.S. when I was 9 years old.
- I speak English, Turkish, and (un poco) Spanish.
- You can find me reading a book at a local coffee shop.
- Chocolate versus Vanilla? Always chocolate.